Customer Retention is the new Customer Acquisition. Therefore, the customer experience has a huge impact on business. Netchannels helps companies look at their customer experience in a strategic and disciplined way involving multiple departments within the organization.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE?
- Customers research product information online and have access to large amount of data
- Customers are less likely to be influenced by traditional advertising but instead pay greater attention to other customers’ testimonials
- Brand-loyalty is highly correlated to revenue
- The World is always “on”: Customers are mobile – are you?
PROCESS TO ESTABLISH A SUPERIOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Analysis: the starting point
- Web analytics and interviews
- Customer Service data – where do the problems occur?
- Identify weaknesses in your online and physical channels
- Who owns customer experience in the organization?
- How strong or weak is your CRM environment?
Generation C: the Connected Customer
- Segmentation is not by demographics but by behaviors. What are the common behaviors?
- Who do your customers listen to?
- How do influencers gather their data?
- What are customer saying about your brand?
Brand: (see branding section)
- Define the CX strategy: Digital, Mobile, and Corporate
- Identify presence at touch points
- Involve all of the organization: consider employee reward program
- Develop specific KPIs for measurement
- Establish processes to address Customer issues – Operations is at the heart of CX
- Executive buy-in and support
Adopt new Technologies
- Analytics: Web Trends
- Listen: Radian6, Ideabox (salesforce), ScoutLabs (Lithium)
- Identify Influencers: Buzzstream, PeerIndex, Kred, Klout
- Social Collaboration: Crowdtap
- Trending: Dachis Group, TrendSpottr
- Business Intelligence: Sysomos
- Customer Satisfaction measurements: NetPromoter
- Customer input: BazzarVoice
- Customer Service: Lithium
Adapt to customers’ input
- Product Innovation
- Redefine customer service
- Redefine SEO and SEM Marketing
- Engage in Collaborative marketing
- Monitor and correct
- It’s not about the number impressions or exposure. It’s about collaboration
- The customer is now part of your marketing department and the social business impacts affect the entire organization
- Positive customer experience will translate in repeat purchases but most of all advocates for your offering
- Negative customer experience will translate in lower brand perception and lost revenue to competition
- Stellar customer service will translate in a decrease in service calls and transaction cost